Digital Media Marketing Intern
About the Job:
We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Intern with a focus on copywriting for blogs/social media! You’ll be working on our online presence, as well as that of our clients. Can work remotely, but must be able to meet in Austin weekly.
What You’ll Be Doing for Us:
• Developing entrepreneurial skills to work with a variety of clients
• Writing and creating content using a variety of online tools
• Creating post visuals and copy to engage the target audiences
• Developing effective newsletters and social media campaigns
What We’ll Provide in Return:
• Personal and business development guidance from longtime business owners
• Ability to work remotely, with occasional in-person meetings
• Flexible hours/deadlines
• Pay based on your abilities to get the work done
• Maintaining and updating our and our client’s social media pages
• Creating unique copy and graphics for social media/blog posts
• Creating and editing newsletters, autoresponders, and drip campaigns
• Analyzing stats and creating presentations for clients
• Assisting in designing clients’ online marketing strategies
• Assorted website edits (through WordPress)
• Willingness to learn new things (be coachable)
• A “yes” attitude; as in “Yes, I can do that” (be flexible)
• Attention to detail (be organized)
• Strong sense of creative design and writing skills (be creative)
• Ability to write in both short tweets and long blog articles and newsletters (be authentic)
• Passion for helping others succeed (be compassionate)
• Capacity to brainstorm and share ideas, or to speak up when you think something is a bad idea (be collaborative)
Bonus Points for:
• Experience in working with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and Youtube.
• Experience with graphic design
• Experience using Photoshop and Illustrator
• Experience using social media scheduling tools
• Experience using Apple products
• Experience using WordPress (and Divi) or a willingness to learn
• Experience sourcing stock photography
• Experience using email marketing/automation tools (MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Kartra)
Strong candidates will have a background in creative writing, digital media management, and marketing. This position is open to current students and college graduates. This is a paid, part-time position of 5+ hours per week. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and links to your own portfolio and social media presence.
IMPORTANT: Place a subject line of DMM Intern on your email, or it will be trashed.
Our company is a new kind of web agency, built on the idea that there is a better alternative to the typical high-overhead, high-priced ad agency, or the less than intuitive D-I-Y options that currently exist.
We’ve developed a model that takes away the barrier to entry into the professionally-designed website space. By taking design and development costs and spreading them out over 12 months with hosting fees included (we’ll even give you the first 30 days at no charge!), we think more small businesses will benefit from our experience.